Job descriptions are usually bloody boring and samey, no? “You must be organised, you must be a team player, you must be able to think strategically and laterally, you must be able to work well under pressure” - if you’re currently looking for a job and sifting through this repeatedly, we feel for you.
It’s 2021 and the world is a bit different to how it was in 2019. The below facts aren’t new, but this last year has brought them to the surface a bit more:
- Some people like to work from home. Some people do not. Some people like a mix.
- Everybody has mental health - and anyone can have mental health issues. Often your work is a contributing factor towards your mental health.
- Flexibility isn’t a benefit, it’s a requirement; people have bad days, things go wrong, appointments happen, kids get sick, pandemics happen, etc.
- Gaps in your CV are a thing that can be explained honestly. Not being suited for previous roles, or being made redundant are totally acceptable.
- Free apples and cups of tea are great and all, but they shouldn’t be listed as a benefit in a job description. Neither should pension contributions required by law, or the legal minimum number of holiday days, which is becoming increasingly popular!
These are situations almost all of us have lived and experienced. It's not the way we work, though.
So first and foremost, before we describe the job - we want you to know that you’ll be applying for a role at a company that understands that work is important, but it isn’t everything. Your family, your health and wellbeing come first.
That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t get excited about this role - it truly is an exciting time to join. Not only have we won varied and interesting accounts to work on in the last year, we also have massive plans for 2021 and beyond. Outside of managing paid media channels and client relationships, you’ll be encouraged to learn new skills and to offer up your opinions on how to shape our service offering.
Being our first employee, the role comes with great responsibility and opportunity; working directly with the founders and helping to shape the culture and strategy of Dodo Digital .
Should you be the right fit, we’d very much like this hire to progress into a leadership role relative to our company growth. If you can demonstrate ambition and the results, this means you could become the head of our paid media department, responsible for managing a team and advancing our service offering.
Some facts about us:
- We are a specialist performance marketing agency, working across PPC, Paid Social & CRO
- Our founders are friends with over 20 years collective experience, who met working as department heads at a company called Vouchercloud (later sold to Groupon for $65m).
- We’re based in Bristol, but you only have to live nearby if you’d like to work in an office (and we won’t have one of those until things are a bit more back to normal). Permanent remote working is absolutely an option, if it’s your preference.
- Since we launched in 2019, we’ve been working with an eclectic mix of brands which we love. We don’t have an industry niche, so you can be sure of variety in your workload!
- We’re proud to have already worked with some pretty cool clients, such as those breaking out in the fintech space, or the first 100% biodegradable footwear brand.
What we’re looking for, relevant to what’s expected of the role:
- Someone who is enthusiastic to manage and own our client accounts directly in the short-term, but with the ambition to progress into leading a team in the longer-term
- Minimum of 3+ years working in a paid media role
- Advanced Google Ads and Facebook Ads
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics
- Advanced knowledge of Google Tag Manager
- Account management/client facing experience
Experience that would be nice for you to have:
- Experience using other paid media platforms, including but not limited to Pinterest Ads, Linkedin Ads, Twitter Ads, Apple Search Ads and Outbrain
- Multi-sector experience
- Agency experience
- A working knowledge of Google Data Studio and Supermetrics
- We’re happy to hear about other areas of your skill set that can add value to our company
- Line management experience
- Salary DOE
- 37.5hr work week
- Flexible Working (core hours 10am - 4pm)
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Work from anywhere (even after a vaccine!)
- What would be a benefit to you? Let us know in your cover letter
To apply, please email email@example.com with a cover letter that outlines why you would like to apply, your future ambitions and why you feel we’d be a good fit. Please remember to attach your CV!
*No recruitment agencies *No recruitment agencies *No recruitment agencies *No recruitment agencies *No recruitment agencies *No recruitment agencies *No recruitment agencies *No recruitment agencies *No recruitment agencies